Remember when you were 13? I don’t know about you, but I liked to swim with my friends at the pool, ride my bike to my friends house, and run to catch the ice cream truck…
WinterVinecki is not the typical 13 year old!
- Started racing triathlons at age 5
- Raced Olympic Distance Triathlons at age 9
- 2x National Ironkid Champion
- Plans to run 7 marathons in 7 continents
- Annika Inspiration Award at Billie Jean King’s 2011 Annual Salute to Women in Sports Gala in New York City
- Youngest member of the 2012-13 Fly Elite Aerial Ski Team
- Inspirational speaker
- 4.0 GPA in Stanford University’s online High School, EPGY,
Amazing accomplishments right? It’s actually the reason behind these accomplishments that is the most amazing!
In May of 2008, Winter’s dad was diagnosed with an aggressive form of prostate cancer and passed away in 2009. While most of us might withdrawl, Winter became determined to do whatever she could to find a cure for prostate cancer and formed Team Winter. Team Winter has become a vessel for funding prostate cancer research and raising prostate cancer awareness on a global scale.
We like to support people doing great things and know you do too! Help Team Winter make a difference and find a cure for prostrate cancer:
*Help get Winter’s message out and vote for her to win the National After School Award for Community Service
*Buy Team Winter gear
*Share this post!
Remember – age does not limit your ability to make a difference!